Monday, November 17, 2014

Qute UI revamp and Deck Stats

A little over a week ago I posted about the first draft of my Qute MTG Stats tool. This past weekend I had some time between matches of magic to implement some new ideas I had for the project. These include:

  • Adding notes to events such as deck played and decks played against
  • See stats by deck for decks you've added to the event list
  • Export event/opponent lists to CSV files
  • Export full stats to clipboard/text file
  • Save edited data to a .qute file
  • Load data from a selected .qute file
  • Added prompts to let the user know when actions complete successfully
  • Added in application help prompt

I've also moved away from the original tabbed setup I started with to separate to allow the user to view information side by side:

For a full set of screenshots check here.

For those interested in giving this a try yourself, you can always download the latest Windows binary form here. For those using a superior operating system, simply install pyside, download the latest snapshot, and run the qutemtgstats.py

If you have any suggestions or feature ideas let me know with a comment below.

Cheers,
~Jeff Hoogland

2 comments:

  1. any chance of a mac release?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't own any OSX systems to test this on/build packages with.

      That being said, Qt+Python run on OSX. You can install PySide using the instructions here and then you can simply run the qutemtgstats.py file like you would on any OS.

      Delete